Finance Analyst / Business Partner
To maintain and build upon a range of KPIs and accounting practices as well as supporting a range of departments with data requirements in a fast-paced dynamic business. A high level of SQL skill will be needed.
This is a key role within a small team and as such it is important that you will be a strong team player, with a positive and enthusiastic outlook who is flexible to respond quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- To manage and manipulate financial and operational data to provide insightful management information to enable the Board to fully understand the business and make key strategic decisions.
- Developing a suite of meaningful KPI reports, evolving them continuously as the need to understand the business is ever changing.
- Maintaining and creating SQL queries and functions.
- Ownership of the operational accounting of the business (Stock, revenue, costs of sales, commissions, rebates, pricing)
- Reconciliations, forecasting and budgeting
- Exporting and compiling of product data from Sage 200
- Analytical review against history/expectations
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the underlying data in Sage 200 by reviewing, developing and implementing robust and effective policies and processes.
- Ad hoc reporting requests
Hours Per Week
Holiday Days per Year
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) or studying towards
- Strong IT literacy – understanding of databases and advanced excel
- Strong numerical skills and ability to handle large amounts of data
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to confidently communicate with the Directors and Management team
- SQL skills must be at a high level. Candidates will need to understand and use with confidence JOINS / UNIONS / CTE’s / CAST / HAVING functions as well as being able to understand database structure.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience of using Sage 200 would be advantageous
- Reliable and Dependable 100%
- Able to multi-task 100%
- Good organisational skills 100%
- Ability to take direction and use own initiative 100%
- Personable and a team player 100%
- Commitment and enthusiasm for the Bigjigs brand 100%
- Good sense of humour 100%
What we look for in an employee
As a family run business, we see employees as an extension of our family. Family businesses create a unique culture, rarely found in corporate businesses. It take a special kind of person to fit in with that culture